[birding] 1. Wrentit 2. Feeder disease question

Cynthia Craven cynthiacraven at verizon.net
Sat Feb 2 11:28:46 PST 2008

Hi all,

We saw a beautiful wrentit on our feeder this morning.  Never see those
amongst the rest of the chickadees, nuthatches and juncos we see every
morning, so thought I would report it. Do others see them frequently around
here?  The range map shows them on the coast, but I am not sure if they come
this far east into the valley as a matter of course.

We have also seen several birds at our feeders with "broken" or otherwise
useless legs (one of the legs, that is).  Is there some disease we need to
be aware of, or was this likely a "flight" or predator accident?  If the
former, we might need to clean our feeders more often?

Thanks!

Cynthia Craven

Steven Highland

Witham Hill