[birding] Owls, owls and more owls at Finley

Jamie S. woodpecker97330 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 00:34:33 PST 2008

In the mid-1990s, a couple of birders (Laurel Devaney and her husband, now in Alaska?  I've forgotten his name, but Rich Hoyer knows...) walked along a brushy drainage ditch on private land, away from roads but surrounded by fields somewhere between Finley and Corvallis and flushed around 30 (+/-5 ?) short-eared owls.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis