[birding] Peoria this afternoon

Hendrik Herlyn hhactitis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 18:34:23 PST 2008

Hello all,

freshly back in Oregon, I tried for the fabled Pointy-headed Bird in Peoria today (along with Jamie Simmons). Alas, despite a good hour in the cold we were unable to unearth the Pyrr.

Our consolation prize was great looks at a very cooperative Palm Warbler just south of the boat ramp.

If anyone from the Corvallis area plans another trip to go looking for the Pyrrhuloxia, I would very much appreciate another ride there (it's gonna be a long and cold bike ride otherwise). Just drop me a line or call me at 738-2688.

Good to be back in Oregon, and happy holidays to all

Hendrik

Hendrik G. Herlyn

Am Berler Kamp 9

D-48167 Münster