[birding] Yellow-shafted Flicker

Chris Miller mcmillerz at peak.org
Fri Dec 19 13:21:58 PST 2008

Hi Birders,

The snow has brought bunches of birds to my yard - the usual ones as well as
Varied Thrushes, GC Sparrows, WC Sparrows and a few Siskins,

but best of all is a Yellow-Shafted Flicker that's been squawking and
hanging around one of my suet feeders.

I don't think I've ever put out as much seed and suet as I have this week!
Poor birds are voraciously hungry!

My two Anna's Hummers are surviving with the "bubble-wrapped" feeders (I
bring them in at night - the feeders - not the hummers)!

Keeping fresh thawed water out has been an issue, though.

Good Birding,

Chris Miller

mcmillerz at peak.org

"Hope is the thing with feathers perched in the soul"

 - Emily Dickinson