[birding] Cattle Egret

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 08:53:05 PST 2008

1. nanette, paula vanderhuel, and i went down to monroe at dawn this morning
and there was indeed a CATTLE EGRET right where the note below reported.
2. there is a farm right across from the alpine cutoff road and the bird was
actually in the pen area rather than out with the cows.
3. unfortunately a red-tail came down very close to the egret and it flew
off. however, the lady across reigel road (good road to park on along south
side of the farm) said the bird has been there a few days. so i think there
is a good chance it will come back. the lady says they have lots of red-tals
and bald eagles.
4. there were also great egrets and great blue herons in the area
5. the monroe sewage ponds had 20+ WOOD DUCKS, 1 hooded merganser, and quite
a few wigeon.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978