[birding] Cattle Egret
richarmstrong at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 08:53:05 PST 2008
1. nanette, paula vanderhuel, and i went down to monroe at dawn this morning
and there was indeed a CATTLE EGRET right where the note below reported.
2. there is a farm right across from the alpine cutoff road and the bird was
actually in the pen area rather than out with the cows.
3. unfortunately a red-tail came down very close to the egret and it flew
off. however, the lady across reigel road (good road to park on along south
side of the farm) said the bird has been there a few days. so i think there
is a good chance it will come back. the lady says they have lots of red-tals
and bald eagles.
4. there were also great egrets and great blue herons in the area
5. the monroe sewage ponds had 20+ WOOD DUCKS, 1 hooded merganser, and quite
a few wigeon.
----- Original Message -----
From: <di4tbirds at comcast.net>
To: "obol" <obol at oregonbirdwatch.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:34 PM
Subject: [obol] Cattle Egret,Benton Cty
> OBOL: Jill Hubbard and I saw a Cattle Egret feeding among some cattle on
> 99w, just north of Monroe. The bird was in a field just opposite Alpine
> Cuttoff Road. It was around noon. Diane Horgan
> obol mailing list
> obol at oregonbirdwatch.org
More information about the birding