[birding] E.E. Wilson sparrows and Red-shouldered Hawk

Rich Hoyer calliope at theriver.com
Tue Dec 2 23:12:01 PST 2008

Hi All,

Eve and Rob Gill and I spent about 3 1/2 hours in the northern half of
E. E. Wilson today, walking a total of about 4.5 miles. We visited the
areas of the ghosts of Sedge Wren, but did not wander through the area
all that thoroughly. We did work the sparrow flocks from the roads and
eventually came up with four WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS. We also had a
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK north of the northernmost east-west road. WRENTITS
were singing all over the place, and I think we had about 5 pairs. We
had two HUTTON'S VIREOS with the many chickadee-warbler flocks. We had
43 species in all.

It was a nice finale to my two-week visit here and such a gorgeous
day. I'm headed back to Tucson tomorrow, sadly.

Good Birding,

Rich
---
Rich Hoyer