[birding] gulls

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 12:00:13 PST 2007

1. 6 of us were out at the dump from 1030-1130. there were about 40 gulls including HERRING (i forgot that below), 1 1st winter WESTERN.
2. we did NOT see any dark-backed gull at all.
3. we did NOT see any mew gulls
4. we probably saw a 1st winter thayer's gull, but just in flight so can't be sure.
5. we did NOT see even 1 gull on the ground - none were resting where doug had them.
6. it is certainly a place worth checking often as there will be abundant food and decent resting places for gulls.
7. i plan to go out tomorrow.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978