[birding] Winter access to Cabell Marsh?

Snetsinger, Thomas Thomas.Snetsinger at oregonstate.edu
Wed Nov 21 10:16:12 PST 2007

Jamie and others,
There is now a boardwalk that leads from headquarters road (near the dike access road to Cabell Marsh, which is closed in the winter). While the lighting on portions of the lake are not great from this vantage point, it is leagues better than the obstructed and distant view from the gazebo. The official opening date was last Saturday. Ultimately there will be a large blind in place there.

The long-tailed ducks and a bunch of birders were still there when I left at 945 AM. A peregrine falcon and a couple of bald eagles were in the area along with many tundra swans and a good assortment of other waterfowl.

good birding,
Tom Snetsinger