[birding] clay-colored sparrow, 16 Nov

Douglas Robinson douglas.robinson at oregonstate.edu
Fri Nov 16 13:22:41 PST 2007

Hi,

Here are better directions to the sparrow:

Go south on 99W to Stow Pit Road. That road is several miles south of where
Bruce Road intersects 99W.  Turn east on Stow Pit Road. Follow it to the
intersection with Old River Road. From that intersection, continue southeast
for 1.0 mile to a telephone pole with bushes and small trees at its base. I
placed a piece of red and white striped flagging tape on one of the bushes
next to the road.  If you get to the Ingram Island Roads, you have gone too
far south.

The sparrow was with a flock of Savannahs and Zonotrichia sparrows. I think
this may be only the second Benton County record. One was at Finley in 2003,
I think.

Have fun
Doug