[birding] possible scissor-tailed flycatcher

Joel Geier clearwater at peak.org
Wed Jul 25 15:53:16 PDT 2007

Hi Rich & All,

Definitely sounds worth checking out. There have been some past reports
in the WV that could not be tracked down, usually about this time of
year. Sibley says to beware of escaped Whydahs but I have no idea what
those look like.

There is another pretty good young birder in that neighborhood, Katie
Higinbotham. If we are lucky, either she or her mom (Annette) will see
the bird. I will try to get ahold of them.

Thornton Lake is on the north side of Hwy 20 and a couple of blocks
back, as you come into the first set of traffic lights on the west edge
of North Albany.

Joel