[birding] possible scissor-tailed flycatcher

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Wed Jul 25 15:27:13 PDT 2007

1. there was a 12-year old boy named tristan on 1 of paula vanderhuel's field trips to finley.
2. he is definitely a decent birder for an inexperienced 12-year old.
3. he called me today because he thinks he has a scissor-tailed flycatcher on thornton lake in northeast albany.
4. he described it as mourning dove size with a barn swallow tail and red under the wings. he says he looked up pictures on the internet.
5. he lives at 1007 n jones road (off nw albany road) and the lake is seen from his back yard.
6. he saw the bird at 1230 today perched on a snag (also saw it yesterday), but said he was not seeing it now.
7. we have some errands to do, but will likely get over there about 630.
8. i have no idea what to expect, but in case this is real i wanted to alert all who might want to check.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978