[birding] Re: Pine Mountain family birding weekend

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Mon Jul 23 19:49:54 PDT 2007

Shame on me, I left out some of the coolest finds of the weekend:

Martha Geier informs me that Ashleigh Dougill found a HORNED LIZARD
during the rockhounding trip to Glass Buttes, which most of the kids
enjoyed but most of the grownups missed.

Also, Craig & Marilyn Miller came back to camp shortly after they left
on Saturday night, to report that they had found a COMMON POORWILL right
along the road 1.1 miles down (north) from the campground. Might be a
good spot for anyone who visits the observatory and would like to look
for poorwill -- that was around 10 or 11 PM.

Howard Horvath also reported good numbers of GREEN-TAILED TOWHEES along
the road that runs down the south side of the mountain from the
campground.