[birding] Common Nighthawks booming at Finley NWR

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Fri Jul 13 20:57:33 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

Carolyn Paynter called just now to say that, at about 8:30 this evening,
she saw & heard two COMMON NIGHTHAWKS (one of which was booming) at
Finley NWR. I think she said this was near the restrooms (hope I got
that part right). She also heard WESTERN WOOD-PEWEES calling near
McFadden Marsh.

Finley NWR is south of Corvallis in Benton Co. McFadden Marsh is along
Bruce Rd. on the s. side of the refuge. The restrooms (at Turtle Flats)
are along the drive in toward HQ, from the northeast corner of the
refuge.

Good birding,

Camp Adair area n. of Corvallis