[birding] Finley Beaver Pond

Andy Purviance andy at purviance.com
Mon Oct 16 09:09:46 PDT 2006

I managed to get out and wander around Finley NWR Sunday morning. But,
if you visit before the Nov 1st I wouldn't recommend taking a peek at
the Beaver Pond washout. About half way between the gravel road and the
edge of the pond there's a yellow jacket nest in the ground right on the
path. Someone could get chased and fall in the 6 ft deep trench carved
through the dam there. I got lucky, it was still cold out so they were slow.

Oh, and the newts are EVERYWHERE. Here's a baby one. :-)
http://www.purviance.com/blog/uploaded_images/babyNewt_061015-710342.jpg
--
Andy Purviance