[birding] New neighborhood bird and valley Band-tailes

Donald A Boucher bouchdon at juno.com
Mon May 29 20:15:53 PDT 2006

Hello,

5/29/06 SW Corvallis
In our neighborhood, behind Safeway on Philomath Blvd., I saw and heard
our first Willow Flycatcher. Isn't it appropriate Willow Flycatchers
arrive in the Willamette Valley just in time for the grass to pollen and
they start sneezing!

I've noticed flocks of Band-tailed Pigeons flying east and west over this
part of town. I've noticed that they congregate around the tall riparian
forest around the Marys River in this part of town. I can postulate that
they commute to and from the nearby forested hills tot the west.

Don Boucher
Corvallis, OR
www.neighborhood-naturalist.com