[birding] EE Wilson: Willow FC, Chats

Donald A Boucher bouchdon at juno.com
Sun May 28 17:19:52 PDT 2006

Hello,

5/28/06 EE Wilson Wildlife Area, Benton County
I led the Audubon Society of Corvallis Bicycle Birding trip today. We
encountered 4 Yellow-breasted Chats and 2 Willow Flycatchers. At the
northernmost marsh an American Bittern was "oonkaloonking."

There was some Nelson's Checkermallow blooming at the north marsh. We
checked the snake tins and got a Northwest Garter Snake and a Ring-necked
Snake. We also encountered a Red-spotted Garter Snake later.

Other notable birds: Osprey, Cinnamon Teal, Olive-sided Flycatcher,
Warbling Vireo, Swainson's Thrush, Black-throated Gray Warbler,
Orange-corwned Warbler, Western Tanager, Black-headed Grosbeak.

Future Bicycle Birding Trips:
June 25 Sunday: Meet at the Avery Park Rose Garden. Destination: Marys
River Natural Area in Corvallis (Brooklane Dr).
July 30 Sunday: Meet at the Avery Park Rose Garden.
Destination—Willamette Park in Corvallis.
All trips are 9 AM–noon. Easy and flat ride of 3-10 miles. We'll poke
along and find birds in every nook and cranny along bike routes in
Corvallis. Bring water, binoculars and rain gear. Led by Don Boucher at
753-7689 or bouchdon at juno.com.

Other Audubon Society of Corvallis "car" trips
June 10 Saturday morning local birding 7:30 AM, meet at the Avery Park
Rose Garden
July 8 Saturday morning local birding 7:30 AM, meet at the Avery Park
Rose Garden

Don Boucher
www.audubon.corvallis.or.us