[birding] re:list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17

jgeier at attglobal.net jgeier at attglobal.net
Sun May 21 08:49:12 PDT 2006

Hello all,

Just some greetings from Sweden.

Sorry if this is a second send -- I am doing this
from web-mail and just hit a button by accident.
What I'd composed before disappeared, perhaps it
got sent.

Anyway, I have been reading the postings on this
list with interest, and was curious if
Yellow-breasted Chats have been seen/heard at E.E.
Wilson yet, since I have seen a report from the
Portland area. E.E. Wilson houses something like
20% of the Willamette Valley population in an
average year and is often the first place they are
found.

Over here, my best sighting of the week was a
Eurasian Woodcock hen crossing a road with four
very cute and slow-moving chicks. Best sighting
both because this is the first time I've seen this
species aside from the display flights they do
(zooming around overhead at dusk), and because my
Swedish colleague hit the brakes just in time to
avoid running them over, after I yelled "Stopp!"

Cheers,