[birding] mary's peak

rich armstrong richarmstrong5 at msn.com
Tue May 16 13:11:57 PDT 2006

we took nanette's friend up to mary's peak this morning to see the view - toooooooo hazy to see ocean, but not bad views of corvallis. we did not hike up, just ended at parking lot.
1. a gray jay was 2.8 miles from bottom
2. nanette heard at least 6 blue grouse calling in top 3 miles.
3. a hairy woodpecker and couple flickers in last mile
4. 2 singing olive-sided flycatchers in last mile
5. many red-breasted nuthatches and few audubon's warblers top parking lot and 1st mile down.
6. no pygmy owls despite playing tape many places
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978