[birding] Migratory Bird Count Sat. May 13

MARCIA CUTLER marciafcutler at comcast.net
Tue May 9 12:07:44 PDT 2006

I am the Benton County coordinator for the Migratory Bird Count this Saturday, May 13, 2006.

This is a relatively unorganized bird count.  You can do it for any length of time during the day (or night) in your backyard (feeder count), during a walk around your neighborhood or favorite local park, or spend a more intensive time counting birds at county hotspots.  There is no sign-up necessary and you can bird alone, with friends, family and/or your pet dog.

Just report your results to me by e-mail: marciafcutler at comcast.net.  In addition to the number of species and birds seen at each location, I need to know the total amount of time spent and mileage (by car and/or other locomotion).

If you are birding in Linn County, the compiler is Jeff Fleischer.  His e-mail address is raptorrunner97321 at yahoo.com.  I'm sure he would appreciate any results you could send him.

I'd appreciate being informed ahead of time if you plan to do the count, but last minute participation is fine too!

Thanks and good birding!

Marcia F. Cutler