[birding] e e wilson

rich armstrong richarmstrong5 at msn.com
Fri May 5 10:05:57 PDT 2006

1. i had seen shore birds waaaaaaaaaay across the marsh a couple times, and paula told me she had as well.
2. so today i put on the knee boots and trudged out into the marsh. it is not a bad walk at all probably never sinking in more than 2 inches.
3. i did find 1 solitary sandpiper (and he was by himself) and about 25 least sandpipers. there is a lot of mud, muck, and excellent places for shorebirds out there in my opinion.
4. i did flush 3 snipe, but not 1 rail (virginia or sora).
5. i also flushed probably 15 savannah sparrows.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978