[birding] e e wilson

rich armstrong richarmstrong5 at msn.com
Sat Jul 22 20:48:47 PDT 2006

1. nanette and i and paula vanderhuel zipped out to e e wilson at 330 in hopes of seeing purple martin that joel reported.
2,. we indeed saw a mixed flock of swallows soaring to the northwest of angler pond and there were 2 purple martins soaring higher than the barn and cliff swallows (probably tree and/or violet green as well but we concentrated on the martins).
3. we then took paula out to where the red-eyed vireo had been seen.
4. and paula found a red-eyed vireo. nanette was about 10 feet away and rushed to her side but never saw the bird. i rushed as well but never saw the bird. nanette and i stayed another hour cruising the area both on foot and bicycle, but never hear a vireo sound or saw anything.
5. there were many more lazuli buntings there than last week, but most of the birds were quiet in the 100 degree heat.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978