[birding] murrelets???

J. Simmons woodpecker97330 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 17:18:39 PDT 2006

I've been intrigued by the idea of seeing Murrelets in Benton for
years and I know there are some (previous?) county listers who have
done so.  And I was once even told where to go to listen, but I don't
think I still have that info and the trees may not still be there
anyway.  Making the effort to be there (Lobster Valley area?  Far
southwest corner of Benton) at the appropriate hour hasn't fit into
my summer plans.  (Getting up once a year at 2:30 in mid-June for my
Breeding Bird Survey in the Coast Range already stretches my--and my
family's--limits!)

Jamie