[birding] Blue-gray Gnatcatcher nesting in Benton County

MARCIA CUTLER marciafcutler at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 23:06:41 PDT 2006

The property owner saw 3 eggs in the nest as of yesterday.  We believe that
there are 4 eggs in the nest now and, as Joel said earlier, we saw her fly
into the nest and start incubating.  The bird is definately a female.  What
I don't know is whether a male Blue-gray Gnatcatcher has also been seen
there.  The property owners will be away on vacation for a while so there
may not be any further reports until late next week.  Their feeling is that
they dont want people coming and disturbing the bird while she's nesting.

Both Elsie and the property owner took some pictures today of the bird on
the nest.  The property owner may also attempt to get some video/digital cam
pictures, but I'm not sure when.  These may be posted, but I'm not sure
when.

Marcia Cutler