[birding] Fern Ridge

Steve Seibel steve at aeroexperiments.org
Wed Jul 12 13:57:16 PDT 2006

On Saturday morning and Sunday morning both, I paddled a
kayak around the southwest corner of Fern Ridge resevoir.
I enjoyed drifting through the Yellow-headed blackbird
colony and watching the many (100+) Grebe's (mostly
Western, some Clarks) that were diving in the open water or
slowly hunting through the reeds, and I also kept an eye on
the Osprey nest platform that was a bit crowded with 4
full-size-looking birds.  Good luck hunting the
Great-tailed Grackle!  Steve