[birding] ruddy duck

Joel Geier clearwater at peak.org
Wed Dec 20 17:32:11 PST 2006

Hi Rich & all,

Thanks for checking this one out. I'm sure the Ruddy Duck you saw must
be the same duck I was looking at. The Ring-necked Ducks weren't there
at the time but could have flown in from Toketie Marsh.

I had tried to sneak around the south side of the pond for a closer view
but it disappeared among the trees standing in the water. So I was left
wondering what it was, and figured it was better to post on the off
chance it might be a scoter. Scoter fever and all that ... I heard they
are showing up in grass fields now ;)

Joel