[birding] Hardy Hummers!

mcmillerz at comcast.net mcmillerz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 2 18:59:17 PST 2006

Hi all!

Should have been out birding, but the layer of leaves is gettin' pretty deep!

This morning (Sat.) I was about to take down my hummingbird feeder, since the Rufous' are long gone, when an Anna's flew right up to my face as if to dare me to remove it!  I haven't seen many Annas hummers around here, so I was plesantly surprised!  I put the feeder back on it's hook, she took a drink, then flew off.  I decided to make more "hummer brew" for the hummer(s) that are around!
Also saw a few Varied Thrushes around the base of my pole feeders this morning, and a glimpse of another Pine Siskin at a hanging feeder.

The usual suspects still around, Juncos, BC Chickadees, Towhees, Nuthatches, Mourning Doves, S.Sparrows, Stellar Jays, Crows, Wild Turkeys, Downy Woodpeckers, even a lone RT Hawk, but I haven't seen those gluttonous BT Pigeons in awhile!

Chris Miller
mcmillerz at comcast.net